Pages

Friday 1 November 2013

"Autumn sonata"

A film by Ingmar Bergman.

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhhQXWdYT4KgGDsQZ98K3rklpeeXRbhBcUlJzmwuOev6chLbGswkW-auxOYeJ5v0JlynF8pC4ygxc5VBTckwjr5b6DuXyLOuMLsdj-8TVcUZ3lVBllcwX8iD1y1TWXwXbQYPH7hmSh5p0c/s1600/2428156194_8f7cdafe9a.jpg 

 A bit slow-paced at the beginning, with a simple plot, this is a very moving and powerful film about family, about the relationship between mother and daughter, about love and understanding... 
That's objectively speaking. Subjectively, the film touches me on a more personal level, "Autumn sonata" perfectly fits the idea of my entry "Thoughts on families", published on 5/10/2013. I'm aware it's not without flaws, but those flaws become insignificant on the 1 hand because the story as a whole is deeply touching with great performances from Liv Ullmann and Ingrid Bergman, and on the other hand because I can't maintain a distance from the film and have an absolutely neutral view, with my understanding of the Scandinavian way of thinking and with my personal thoughts on families, love and parenting.
(And guess what, my view is reinforced).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be not afraid, gentle readers! Share your thoughts!
(Make sure to save your text before hitting publish, in case your comment gets buried in the attic, never to be seen again).