Pages

Sunday 6 July 2014

.............

Still reading War and Peace, but all of a sudden I've had another attack. 
All of a sudden come up so many questions. Why read? Why write? Why have this blog at all? What have I been doing all of my life and what am I going to do? Why live? What's the point? 
So these days I haven't written much. In awe and then in despair I don't know what to write about a book of such size and scope- what a masterpiece!, and after jotting down a few sentences, a few trivial, superficial remarks, I can write no more. 
Everything seems pointless. 
I don't even know why I keep this blog. 

2 comments:

  1. I do know how you feel. In the face of something such as War and Peace, one can't help but ask oneself: "What can i write that could convey anything at all of what this book makes me feel?" But one has to write something: you can't keep it all locked up in yourself. I have been enjoying reading your thoughts on this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed. And thanks for that.
      Sorry for my late reply, I've been travelling a bit.

      Delete

Be not afraid, gentle readers! Share your thoughts!
(Make sure to save your text before hitting publish, in case your comment gets buried in the attic, never to be seen again).